RAY Programme Information
What is the RAY Programme
The Raising Aspirations Youth Programme is designed to equip more able Year 9 and 10 pupils with the necessary skills to excel in their studies. It will help them to develop critical thinking skills by engaging in intellectual debates from the perspective of different disciplines. RAY pupils will be encouraged to explore the opportunities available to them and develop in confidence.
What is the aim of the programme?
At the end of the programme students will…
- Have developed a good level of critical thinking skills
- Have a high standard of research and communication skills
- Be able to evaluate different types of evidence and explanations
- Construct a persuasive argument both orally and in writing
- Work effectively and learn from other students
What does the programme involve?
- Introduction to debating
- 5 subject seminars
- Essay Competition
- Awards ceremony
- Completion of an academic project
- Debating group
- Learn more about what life is like at college
- University visit
- Final awards ceremony