Find Your Future Career
Whether you’re looking to come to HSFC or are already a student with us, our Matrix-accredited Careers Education & Guidance Team is here to help you. The College’s Careers Education & Guidance Team offers all prospective and current students free access to informal and impartial information, advice and guidance.
Our team of Careers Education & Guidance Advisers are professionally qualified and experienced practitioners. We aim to ensure that you receive the information, advice and guidance required to make informed decisions that will best help you achieve your goals. Access to the service is open to all and does not depend upon existing or future attendance at the College. All requests for advice and guidance will be treated in a supportive and confidential manner.
We can help you with:
- Information on all College courses, including home study
- Guidance to aid transition into employment, training or higher education
- Guidance on changing courses or careers
- Course applications and enrolling onto a course
- Referrals to other services including Student Welfare and the Learning Support Team
Click here to view our statement of service.
Meet your Careers Team
Lisa Rochnia, Student Progress and Development Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hartlepool Sixth Form College is one of ten College’s in the North East of England who are part of a Careers Hub, working in partnership with the North East Local Enterprise Partnership (NELEP). There are eight clearly defined benchmarks for high quality careers education that improve students’ transition from school to work by identifying routes to a successful working life. Our Careers Education offer has been based upon these benchmarks and best practice identified throughout the sector. For further information is available at: www.goodcareerguidance.org.uk
The focus of careers education and guidance at Sunderland College is to ensure that all students (FE and HE) have equal access to an independent and impartial careers service in order to fully prepare to move into further studies or employment and realise their full potential.
Careers Programme Calendar
We offer an extensive programme of careers guidance and support throughout the year. To view our latest calendar, please click here. Parents / Carers can access information on the careers offer for their child/ guardian by speaking with their dedicated Student Progress and Development Tutor If you are looking for information about different career options, you can access Careers Coach, where you will find details about job roles, employment rates and the qualifications you will need to get there.
For advice and information about Higher Education can also be found here – www.futureme.ac.uk
Evaluation of Programme
- The Careers programme is assessed for its quality and positive impact on students through a number of methods:
- The destinations of learners after leaving their courses. The College Group commissions external research on the destinations of students and reports this to the DfE, Ofsted and the local economic partners such as NELEP
- The numbers of students accessing the services on offer
- Student feedback after 1:1 and student development sessions
- Termly by the Careers and Employability Committee, feeding into to self-assessment processes
- Annual report to Governors on Career and Employability
- Annual audit as part of the NE Ambition College Careers Hub
- Matrix Quality Standard re-evaluation and accreditation
To speak to a member of the College Guidance Team please call 0191 5116000 or if you would like to book a face to face appointment our Customer Service Advisers would be happy to arrange this for you.