BTEC Health and Social Care
The National Diploma and Extended Diploma consists of 8 mandatory units which include:
- Developing Effective Communication
- Equality Diversity and Rights
- Health Safety and Security
- Development through the life stages
- Anatomy and physiology
- Personal and professional development
- Sociological Perspectives
- Psychological perspectives
There are also a range of additional units to be undertaken to further extend learners knowledge of health and social care issues. In addition to this students undertake 100 hours of practical placement across the two years in a range of placements such as, the women’s refuge, specialist Alzheimer’s residential care and day care. Special school for young people, alongside mainstream care and educational settings.
Each Unit is internally assessed within college and is given a grade on a scale of Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Past Students are highly successful at gaining university places such as:
- Kings College London – Adult Nursing
- Teesside- All branches of Nursing, some progressing onto Midwifery.
- Northumbria – Social working
- Nursing /Psychology
- York – Occupational Therapy
- Leeds Met – Adult Nursing
- Sunderland - Early Years
Our past students have been successful in obtaining employment in a range of health and social care settings such as. Care assistant, teaching assistant, dental nursing and rehabilitation.
BTEC Certificate in Health & Social Care 2016 results – 100% Pass Rate and 100% High Grades
BTEC Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care 2016 results – 100% Pass Rate and 91% High Grades