16-19 College Bursary Fund
The 16-19 College Bursary scheme is open to applicants throughout the academic year. The College uses the 16-19 Bursary fund to provide financial help to students from low-income households who are experiencing genuine hardship in relation to studying; this is carried out in strict accordance with the guidelines outlined by the EFA.
Who can apply?
Priority (Vulnerable) Bursary
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2017 and in one of the following categories:
- a young person in local authority care, e.g. children’s home, foster care
- a care leaver – leaving local authority care, e.g. children’s home, foster care
- a young person in receipt of Income Support in their own right
- a disabled young person in receipt of Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
…you may be eligible for a bursary of up to £1200* a year for courses of 30 weeks.
If you are under 19 on 31st August 2017 and:
- living in a household where the income is below £25,000
- enrolled onto a full time programme of FE learning.
…you may be eligible for a bursary.
Details of the evidence required to support an application are found on the bursary application form.
What can the bursary be used for?
Bursary payments are intended to help towards the costs associated with continuing your education including travel, meals and equipment.
When can I apply?
Applications will be accepted throughout the academic year or until the fund closes because it is fully allocated. We recommend that all students who require support apply as soon as they start their programme of learning at the College to receive maximum support from the bursary scheme.